The resin really sets these apart!
Your portrait is inset into the setting and then protected and enhanced with this heirloom quality doming resin. The effect is stunning! You portrait appears to be a precious stone. Photos do not do these justice. Any of my clients can tell you these are much more beautiful in person than I am able to portray in photos. You can order your own photo keepsake in my website shop.
How to Care for your personalized jewelry:
- Remember, it is normal for 925 silver to tarnish, but don’t worry, it is easy to clean.
- You can clean your 925 silver settings in jewelry cleaner that does NOT contain acetone. Acetone can affect the resin over the portrait. You can dip the entire pendant in the jewelry cleaner and then give the silver parts a quick scrub with an old toothbrush. Rinse under water and dry and it will look as good as new. Do not leave the pendant in the jewelry cleaner for a long period of time. Multiple quick dips (5 to 10 seconds) and cleanings are better than letting it soak.
- Most important is not to clean your jewelry in any liquid jewelry cleaner that has acetone in it or wear it into a pool or the sea. The chemicals will destroy the portrait and the salt and chlorine is bad for both the silver and the portrait. The resin I use as a topcoat on all the 925 silver items is waterproof, BUT there is always the chance that water will seep in through the back of the setting where the polymer clay cabochon is set into the setting. They can get splashed, but I would not submerge them.
- The portrait can be wiped down with a damp cloth to remove grime from daily wear.
- Clean the 925 silver part using water, mild soap and a soft bristle toothbrush. Use a non-abrasive silver cloth or soft lint free cloth to polish jewellery and remove tarnishing. Don’t expose jewellery to harsh chemicals or perfumes as this could cause damage and discoloration.PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BRISTLE BRUSH OVER THE PORTRAIT AREA. The portrait area is waterproof so you can rinse it off under the tap. Just do not keep them submerged in any liquid.
FAQ about the ordering and creation process of your personalized gifts for dog lovers and photo keepsakes.
Q) Where do I send my photo
Q) How do you create the portrait of my dog?
Q) What if I do not like the finished portrait?
Q) What type of photo do I need to email you?
Q) What is I do not have a photo of my 2 unique dogs together but I want them on the pendant together?
Q) I have a metal allergy what settings won’t irritate my skin?
Q) Are these waterproof?
Q) How long does it take to make the piece and for it to arrive?
Q) Can I change the gemstone type in the 925 silver settings?
Q) I saw a 925 silver design I liked but do not see it in your shop anymore, what happened?
Q?How do I care for my jewelry?